Chapter 3
I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. I had dreams about Grace all night. Even if we remained friends I would be happy to have her in my life. The dreams however were of us in a relationship. I dreamed that we were married and were starting a family. We were in the process of adopting a little girl. I wanted to marry, and have a family with someone one day. This dream, however, had me thinking that maybe Grace is that person. Yet, I just met her and I didn’t want to jump to conclusions. Anyway, I didn't even know if she was gay. With my luck, she wouldn't be and all my thoughts and dreams would be just that. Either way, I didn't care. I would be here friend no matter what, and if she wasn't interested in girls I would find her a man that would treat her right.
“Good morning Angel!” Adam said, as he waltzed into my room. I groaned, and covered my face with my arm as he opened my curtains.
“Angel, get up, you have a gig in an hour and I am going to do your hair! I'm sick of the long, flowing locks, you need something different.” Adam stated, watching me.
I rolled my eyes. Adam always wanted to do something with my hair. Last time he said that, he had decided to die my hair and I ended up with blue hair. I had hated it, and made him buy more dye so that I could make my hair a normal color again. That is why I was afraid when he told me he was going to do something with my hair. I didn't want a repeat of the last time. Yet, I got up and dressed anyway.
Surprisingly he didn't plan to dye my hair. He wanted to cut it. I shut my eyes, afraid to know what he was going to do. Cutting hair was more permanent than dying it. With dying you could always redye it, with cutting you had to wait until it grew back. I opened my eyes when he said that he was done and smiled. He had cute it to my shoulders and made choppy layers. I loved it and was glad it didn't take too long, as I really did have to get to my gig.
“Now, come on. Let's get you to your gig.” Adam said, putting an arm around my shoulders. I wondered where Nate was. Usually they both accompanied me to gigs, and both stayed and watched if they could. Yet, as I though about it, I realized that Nate had to work. He had told me that, I had simply forgot until that moment. I just went with Adam, hopping into his car, and going through my show in my head. I knew what songs I wanted to sing where and when.
I was a bit nervous as I got to my gig. I always got nervous before a show. It was an adrenaline rush once I was on stage. Yet, as I prepared to get on stage I was always nervous. It was only a natural reaction. Adam tried to help me set up, but he really had no idea what to do, so I sent him down to the seats and finished up myself. I scanned the crowd as I sat on stage waiting for them to announce the beginning of my gig. I saw some regulars who always came to my gigs, but other than that the only face that I recognized was Adam.
As my name was announced, and the lights went down, my adrenaline started pumping. I loved the rush that being on stage and performing gave me. I loved the feeling in the pit of my stomach as I performed. My gig went well, and it was almost over when I spotted another familiar face in the crowd. This face was unexpected, and next to her was Nate.
I felt my heart start pounding even more in my chest than it had been before. Grace was here with Nate, watching me perform. Suddenly, my nerves had returned and my adrenaline had lessened. The feeling that seeing Grace gave me was unexplainable. Since I saw her that first time, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. Yet, whenever I thought of her I became discombobulated and confused. I knew I liked her, yet I had never felt such strong emotions for anyone before. Let alone someone I saw only once before.
I continued to sing. I knew my voice must have been shaking. I knew that my hands were shaking as I tried to play guitar. Yet, I kept going. A whole new song, that I had not sung or written before that night was flowing from my lips. I had no idea what was happening. I just kept going, singing a brand new song without having practiced it. Grace had sparked something in me, and here I was performing brand new material. It amazed and shocked me.
When I got off stage, I packed up my stuff and ran over to Adam. Adam looked thrilled as always. He was always so excited when my gigs were over. He always seemed to think they went better than I thought that they did. He was the confidence that I lacked most of the time. Nate, on the other hand, was always the blunt one. He was the one who told me when things went wrong and was completely and utterly honest.
As I reached Adam, he threw his arms around me. I was glad that I had left my guitar on the stage for the time being. He picked me up and spun me around. He absolutely positively gave me more credit than I felt that I deserved. He was always the one who gave me the most support.
“Angel, that was amazing! Seriously, every time I see you it's better and better. You amaze me chica!” Adam yelled.
He continued to spin me around. I giggled. I loved Adam. He could always bring a smile to my face. He was carrying me. Next thing I knew I heard a sweet and quiet voice behind me. The voice was making me nervous. I looked at Adam, as he placed me down on the ground. I was now face to face with Grace. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, before I even knew what was going on. Grace had come to my show. That had made my day. Yet, I still couldn't figure out how she had got there.
“Hey. Meet me outside in five minutes.” Grace whispered in my ear, smiling at me. Then within seconds she was gone.
I was left reeling from the feeling of her breath so close. It smelt like cinnamon and it was so warm as she whispered in my ear. I was reeling. I looked at Adam and Nate and they both pointed me toward my guitar and then the door. I sighed and grabbed my guitar before making my way to the door. I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was I had nervous butterflies in my stomach.

2 comments:
ooo. cliffhanger~
-waves around flag- CONTINUECONTINUECONTINUE! :D
*is super excited* o_o Write. Right now. Do it. *snuggles Adam plushie more*
Post a Comment