Thursday, January 20, 2011

AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT

Okay, so everything is finally settling down to a degree. I figured I should update. My grandma is coming home from the hospital on Saturday and my cousin, well, that's a longer story but she's going be getting a second opinion at a different hospital up in Philadelphia. I'll explain both those situations momentarily. I also have to say I'm starting classes up again Monday and the pressure is already on. It's going to be a hectic semester. That's all I have to say.

Okay, so first of all my Grandma does NOT have cancer. The doctors at that hospital really put my family through a lot, and my aunt, parents, uncles and grandfather are pissed at them for it. They told us and my grandma she had cancer WITHOUT even waiting to see the pathology results. They sat with my grandma and discussed treatment without the results. My aunt got there and asked about the results only to be told "Oh I'll go see if they have them. Maybe they just haven't typed them up yet." Then the oncologist came back and said "Oh,you won't be needing me after all. There's no cancer." Thank god. That's all I have to say. It was a miracle and yet, why did they tell anyone she had cancer without the results? Anyway, so I went to see her later that day and she was doing better. She was getting her last blood transfusion for the blood infection and she seemed in better spirits. She was still in need of morphine for the pain and she still was being fed through an iv, but she was better than before. Now, apparently she's walking around, eating on her own and doing much better. So that's uplifting.

My cousin is another story. The spinal tap has given them no results. They still have no idea what's wrong with her and what's causing the blindness in her one eye and blurred vision in the other. My aunt is actually really frustrated with the doctor's because they won't give her any answers nor will they call her back. She's decided that she's going to come up to Philly and get another opinion either at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) or another hospital that was recommended to her. It isn't normal for an 11 year old to just lose her vision. It's rather ridiculous if you ask me. It worries me. So, hopefully she gets some results when she brings Tara up here.

Now, for the fun part...spring semester starts Monday. I already feel the pressure as it's my last batch of classes before I get my associates and transfer to Kean. I'm excited and yet oh so nervous. The pressure is on to do well. I have 5 classes and a lab this semester. I have Computer Integrated Office Software (shouldn't be too hard at all), Biology (bleh) with lab, The Short Novel (yay English course), Intro to Exceptional Students (yay first education class) and Adolescent Psych. I'm definitely excited for two of my classes in particular. The Short Novel because it's for my major and the only English course I have this semester after a semester full of them in the fall. Then, Adolescent Psych just because my prof. seems AMAZING. He e-mailed us and told us before the semester started we could begin gaining extra credit by joining a group he runs on facebook and partaking in discussions there. I went on and there's tons of pictures of him and he LOOKS like he's a student. He looks no older than 25-30. He even stated that one semester he sat in the desks and started asking students what they heard of the professor only to get up and say "Hello class" once everyone arrived. He seems like he'll make the class fun and so I certainly cannot wait.

Anyway, I think that's enough of an update for now. :D

No comments: