Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sweet Child

So Saturday I went to see The Little Mermaid on broadway with my 2 cousins. Madison is 7, and she loved it. She kept gripping my arm and squeezing, never taking her eyes off the stage. I was so happy. Stacie, my 30 year old cousin, is Madison's godmother, and she was with us also. It was nice to have a day alone with Madison. Her sister, Genevieve, is my goddaughter and she is only 2, so whenever its her and Madison, Genevieve tends to steal alot of attention. Madison, is very good about it though. She takes care of Genevieve alot. It still was nice to take Madison somewhere alone and get some one on one time with her. She was so excited for it. She enjoyed it too, she wanted to do everything Stacie and I did. It was cute.

Then Sunday, I did nothing for the most part. I slept, and caught up on the sleep I had missed sleeping over Stacie's house. Then Sunday night I went to Amy's house. We went to Ben&Jerry's and I tried their new cake batter ice cream, which was amazing. I <3'ed it. Then we proceeded to watch some BARE.

Yesterday, I had a good day, as much as I was grumpy in the morning. I had to wake up early to leave for Philadelphia. We met at my grandma in Philly's house to go to Peddler's Village with almost my whole Dad's side. There were 14 of us total. I got to walk around with my 4 little cousins. My cousin Elise shocked everyone by talking our ears off.

You see, 2 years ago Elise just stopped talking suddenly. She was fine one day and the next she refused to talk to her family or anyone. They took her to a bunch of doctors and it was nothing physical. She's been going to a psychologist/specialist in Baltimore since then. She is apparently doing much better. She just doesn't take well to stranger, but she has been and continues to talk to her family now. It took 2 years to get her back to this point though, because even the last time I saw her on Thanksgiving she was very selective who she spoke to in the family. She wouldn't speak to my Dad or brother or any boys in the family. It was so nice to have her chatting my ear off and clinging to me, I was so glad.

It was a fun day. We all walked around Peddler's Village, shopping and chatting. I got to talk to my cousins, aunt and uncle who I don't see often. Then we all went to lunch at one of the restaurants there. It was a good day. I being the nerd i am, had to spend a decent amount of time in the book store. It was awesome, it was set up just like an old fashioned book store. I was in heaven. Then we went to this candy store and i got chocolate covered pretzels filled with peanut butter, they are so good.

Today has been a lounging day. I got very sick around midnight last night, and didn't sleep much as I was running in and out of my room most of the night. So today, has just been lounging in my bed and eating light to get food back in my stomach. Now, it's around time for the all star game to start, and as that happens I'll be baking my brownies and packing for the next two days.

Tomorrow we leave to go to Philadelphia again and we are staying overnight. Tomorrow we are going to this indoor waterpark by my Uncle's and then having a BBQ at his house afterwards for my grandmother's b-day. Then Thursday we are going to the Franklin Institute. That should be fun. The only thing i'm worried about is my cousin Jess. I see her maybe once a year, but me and her do not get along.

You see, when I was in 7th grade her and I had a bit of a fight. My friend Amy, and I were in a big fight, and she talked alot of shit about me to Amy. She told Amy that I was a horrible person, and I wasn't what her and our other cousin Laura, would call their favorite cousin, and that she hates seeing me because I'm annoying. Now I never did anything to this cousin. I was nothing but nice to her. Now, she didn't get punished or told that what she did was wrong. She never even apolegized. The excuse my grandma, uncle (her dad) and aunt give is "Well, she lives down in Georgia with her mother, we have no control over her." That's bullshit. If i had done that to ger, my parents never would have heard the end of that and I would have had to apolegize.

So she's coming up tomorrow. That is something I am dreading. I refuse to talk to her. The only time I have talked to her is briefly online to say happy birthday, and if she initiates conversation. The only time she ever initiates conversation is if I saw a movie or read a book she also liked. I just don't trust her and never will again.

No comments: